Tuesday, December 15, 2009

old people say the darnedest things

i am a tele-fundraiser.
i call on behalf of non-profit organizations asking for donations from generous supporters of said non-profits.
i often reach answering machines with colorful greetings, such as...
character voices: [i.e. yoda]
blunt directions: [i.e. "leave it" or "you know what to do"]
gangs all here (but not really): [where each family member slates their name in a congregated message usually directed by the Dad]
and my all-time favorite (so far), from a little old lady (i'm assuming), stating,
"we're not available, so get out of here, ya stupid idiot!"

anyone want to spot me 10.5 million dollars so i can purchase this phat pad?
groucho marx's beverly hills home - designed in 1956 by wallace neff

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your tele-experiences. More please.

    If I had 10.5 million dollars I'd for sure give you SOME of it. I can't say how much right now. Let me think about it.

    ReplyDelete